School of Materials Science and Engineering

Chinese Version

Location: Home > Admissions > Visa

Student visa

Students admitted to USTB may apply for their visa at the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in their country with their USTB Admission Letter and JW201/202 form. International students who will study in China for 6 months are required to obtain “X” visa , which will valid for 30 days after they arrived in China . You must come to International Students Office and apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days of arriving in Beijing in order to obtain a legal status in China.

Visa Requirements:

   1. Applicant's original passport valid up to at least six months with at least one blank page.

   2. Application Form.  

   3. One passport style color photo with full face, front view, no hat, and against a plain light background on application form. 

   4. Original and a copy of approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form JW201 or JW202 (for X1 application only).

   5. Original and a copy of Admission Notice from the university or Chinese school. 

For more information

Visa inquires at USTB may be directed at the International Office at or by calling +86-10-62332943.

You may also visit the International Office visa page.